Tuesday, November 30, 2010

It's my birthday (cough, sputter, hack, wheeze)

It is official.  I have pneumonia.  I haven't gotten out of bed for four days.  And it is my birthday.  Bwaaaaaah!  Feeling very sorry for myself, of course, and can't eat anything, as am totally nauseous.  But to every dark cloud there is a silver lining!  Not only am I losing the pounds that I meant to lose before my birthday, the fine people at Penguin/ Plume sent me an advance copy of the paperback of my book.  On sale January 4th!  Just in time to return all that stuff you didn't want for Christmas, and get the gift you really want - my book!


My book will fill you with the love that your friends and family are too selfish to provide.  My book will nurture you with delicious, creamy, salty, and sweet treats, as well as decadent pastas and super-crispy fried chicken.  My book will sustain you with the easiest ever recipe for Mom's Old Fashioned Chicken Noodle Soup for Closet Cases!  In fact, I am going to ask my husband to make some for me right now - wait!  I don't mean... You know... Just the recipe is real easy and delicious.  He's not a closet case.  Totally not.  Okay, stopping now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment. NOW.