Monday, February 22, 2010

Angelina Jolie, Sarah Jessica Parker, Alan Cumming and Stuff.

Dear Reader,

I apologize for having taken a leave of absence.  I wish I had been someplace fabulous or just too busy to tend to this blog, but truth be told, I have just been cranky.  Crankier than usual, with kids off from school and both of them having the stomach flu at different times, and my husband working on a play so he is gone every night and I have nobody to watch TV with.  Not real problems, per se, but enough to make me feel like not writing here.  So today, to celebrate all this crankiness I am going to tell you about something that pisses me off.

I hate it when actors play a role and then they become the character - or take on significant attributes of that character for the REST OF THEIR LIFE.  Here are some examples:

Sarah Jessica Parker

We all know that SJP is  a FASHIONISTA - how could we not know that when her face is here and here and here.  But she wasn't always that way.  She became this way as a result of playing Carrie Bradshaw on Sex and the City.  Before Carrie she dressed like this:

Escaped from the harem with no time to grab a shirt!

and this:
Even the guy behind her (Don Draper?) does not approve of this ensemble.

and who could forget this OUTFIT:
This looks like what Blossom might wear to a fancy dinner at a dude ranch, but is actually what the new creative director of Halston once wore for an evening out.

Alan Cumming

The role Mr. Cumming has gotten stuck in is that of the Emcee in Cabaret.  Take a look:

Here we see Mr. Cumming in his Tony award winning portrayal of the Emcee.

and here he is now, after hours:
WILLKOMMEN!

Angelina Jolie

Ugh.  Does nobody remember the girl before she played activist globe-trotting mommy Mariane Pearl:

How does the horse taste Angelina?  Better than your brother?

And here she is now:
"I am so sorry for your pain.  I once played a woman who had similar pain.  Did you see that movie? Don't worry, nobody did."


Lots of other stuff makes me cranky, too.  Lots.  I just thought I would share this for today.

8 comments:

  1. thank you...I am feeling a little less cranky now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. reminds me of the girl in my high school who played Rizzo in our school production of Grease and never really pulled out of it.

    As for the crankiness, maybe you need to eat more chocolate?

    -Lisen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashley in VirginiaMarch 9, 2010 at 10:19 AM

    Well, not to be too critical of your post, but people change - their goals in life change, especially after motherhood. Don't be too hard on the girl. LOVE your blog..funny stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds catty rather than cranky. Jealous?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah Jessica looks like old travesty It's a real shame that she don't posses any sense of fashion at all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know how people can think that Sarah Jessica is pretty. I think that she pretty ugly. Even if she dress with the most expensive dresses she will remain ugly.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment. NOW.